A Mother's Day Tribute to the One and Only


Mom!!! Alicia! Alicat395!

Can I just start by saying WE APPRECIATE YOU.

I'm convinced you might be the best person ever.

This world doesn't deserve your kind heart and selflessness, but here you are radiating every bit of it to us, thank goodness.
It'd be so dark here without you.

The best way to describe you as a mother is as follows: 
I remember watching 13 going on 30 with you (this was years ago) and we were at the scene where Jenna visits her parents and stays the night. She tried going to sleep in her own bed, but there was a crazy storm that night, so she crawls into bed with her mom for comfort. That's when you said to me, "you'll never be too old for that." That stuck with me for years. Thank you for letting me know that you'll always be my security blanket.

 I love you so much it hurts.

My love for art and creativity comes straight from you and I will never stop striving to make you proud. I'll never forget the first time you showed me your art portfolio... I was in awe knowing that my own mother drew those pictures! I wish I had samples of them to show on here, because everyone should see. Just know, you're pretty cool... and talented and beautiful... need I say more? Thank you for drawing little flowers on the envelopes of all the cards you send to me. As if getting a card from you in the first place hadn't brightened my day enough!

If I can become half the woman you are, I'll be doing just fine.

You're the one, Mom. If I'm scared, frustrated, or lonely, you're voice is the one I want to hear. I'll never be sad for long as long as you're around. You could make the angriest person in the world crack a smile as long as you start laughing your contagious laugh... or saying something completely random which, let's be honest, happens more often than not. I just smiled because I thought about how you do that. You're hilarious! Stay weird, Mom, we love you that way. Thank you for showing me what staying true to yourself looks like; it looks stunning on you.

I want you to know that I'm doing well.
You taught me how to be okay, even when life gets tougher than ever.
Thank you, you amazing woman, for giving me and my sister life.
Reflect on your past, Mom. Look what you've given this world!!!

You deserve everything you've ever wanted and I promise I'll work my hardest to give it to you.

Thank you for never going to bed without saying "I love you" even when we were fighting. 
I'll always need you.


Have the happiest Mother's Day.

<3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe