The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe

I have never miss an upload on YouTube from Jaclyn Hill. How amazing it has been to see her grow as an artist and become so successful over the past few years!


I ordered the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette as soon as it launched on the Morphe website and it is the best makeup purchase I have ever made. With that being said, I decided to do a little review of the product. I didn't include swatches of every color, because you can find swatches of this palette on many different skin tones (this thing is all over the internet, I promise).



I took these photos in natural lighting to try and capture the shadows' truest colors.

There is not much to say except that the quality of these shadows is like nothing I've ever owned. They're EXQUISITE. 
The shimmers are the creamiest you'll ever touch. You can drag the pigment for miles, I swear!
The mattes are extremely blendable which is ideal. 

Now, I'll talk about some shortcomings of this palette starting with a faulty swatch that I noticed right off the bat...


The left image is a closeup of the electric blue shadow called 'Twerk.' Like I mentioned, the shimmers are extremely creamy... but unfortunately this one is not. When Jaclyn announced the launch this palette she said that she and Morphe had each individual shadow pressed differently in order for them all to give the best color payoff possible.
In my opinion, this one felt chalky to the touch compared to the rest of the shimmers and I was disappointed with its color payoff. In the right image, I compared it to the purple shimmer called 'Royalty' (left of 'Twerk' in the palette), and you can see the difference in opacity. 
I do still use the 'Twerk', though, it isn't the worst to work with—it just doesn't compare to the rest.


The next critique isn't necessarily negative... The black shade called 'Abyss' (in the bottom right corner of the palette) is not the blackest matte black shadow I've ever come across. Many people appreciate this, though, as it leaves a little more room for error when blending.

The last couple of downfalls is that there is no mirror in the palette and the names of the shadows aren't on the palette itself. Neither of these bother me, personally, but could effect someone who might consider using this as a "life" palette.

To conclude my little review, my overall thoughts on the Jaclyn Hill Palette are as follows:
  • If you're on the fence about buying it, buy it. This palette is unlike any I've seen or used before.
  • This would be an excellent "life" palette as it is super versatile. I've been using it for natural looks, neutral smokey looks, it has some pops of color, the list goes on. 
  • The palette is perfect for someone who is looking for some change in their makeup routine and might even inspire you to venture into creating looks that include more color!
The shortcomings, to me, shouldn't be enough to prevent someone from buying this palette. Every single shadow is wearable!

Jaclyn Hill has done it again!

Have fun with this Morphe palette and happy creating!

xo, kris




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)