Intro

Good evening (it's 1:45 am).
I'll be blunt with this first post. I was lying in bed thinking up many thoughts as I tried (and, clearly, failed) to fall asleep. What on earth am I going to post up on this new blog I'm supposed to be working on?

Let me fill you in:
I had a blog before this one called The Beauty Buff where I mostly reviewed and suggested beauty products and posted makeup tutorials. I had a fair share of posts that were special to me, though. I made a list of things that make me happy, I shared my personal goals, I wrote an important post about inner beauty, and I also wrote a tribute to a friend of mine who passed away this past March.
I had blogged for a little over a year when, out of nowhere, I lost everything.
I really shouldn't say "out of nowhere," because I should've seen it coming, honestly. I didn't lose my blog over anything negative or controversial... just technical issues. And I hadn't backed anything up (v stupid). Needless to say, I was devastated. I couldn't work on retyping my posts, because I felt like it would be a lost cause; it could never be the same. So, I decided that I would eventually start a new blog when I get out of school for summer break.

So here I am.

And, back to the part where I was lying in bed thinking, I have no idea where to take this thing. And by that, I mean that I have no clue what the focus of my blog should be.

Like I said, the focus of my last blog was beauty, but I found myself enjoying writing about other things as well. I think I am going to make this blog like an online journal. Those two words "online journal" sound a little scarier with every time I read them in my head, because it seems risky to post my thoughts and feelings and opinions online for people to read.

In this past semester of college, I took a creative writing class (I can't say enough how much I LOVED that class and, yes, it is possible to miss a class). Anyway, I took note of an important tip from my teacher and that is to take risks when I write. And thus, the idea of online journaling crossed my mind and brought me to where I am today.

I don't think my writing is superior, by any means, but I do know that I enjoy doing it. Can I just say that it feels good to be typing my thoughts again. I have, very much, missed this.

Until my next post,

kris

p.s. I've acquired a new obsession with Amy Winehouse after I stayed up late the other night watching her documentary. I know I'm a little late in the game (may she rest in peace), but that woman was good that's all I'm saying. On that note, goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe