Simple Little Things that are sure to Get Everyone Into the Christmas Spirit

Hello, again! Wow... it has been so long, unfortunately. 
I was just lying in bed trying to get to sleep (it is now 3:12 in the morning) and I thought of doing this post.
I have spent every year of my life being home around this holiday season, and this year I won't be able to be with my family until Christmas Eve Eve. And although this is the case, I am in the Christmas spirit this year more-so than ever! (Of course, when I should be sleeping, a million and one things are running through my mind.) I thought about the little things I've done differently this year that have caused me to feel especially joyous, so I thought I'd share these things with you. 
Be warned as you read, these things are very small and do not require much effort, but do not doubt their power of influence!!! 

So, without further or do...




 HOW TO FEEL THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS:






1. Light sweet/spiced holiday candles. 
My roommates and I have burned through candles like crazy this season. There is just something about a cozy, warm scent and a glowing little flame that can cause anyone to feel content and at ease. My favorite candles have been Champagne Toast (B&BW) and Autumn Wreath (Yankee).

2. Play peaceful holiday music.
Now, the classics are always a winner in my book, but I get it--people get tired of the same-old same-old. A great alternative is to play enjoyable instrumental Christmas music (just something to hear in the background). I've played it from my phone while I'm on my computer or while I'm cooking the dinner or doing the dishes and I've found it to be so nice! Playing it in the background at Christmas dinner or when friends and family are all together is a great way to spread the spirit! My go-to station on Pandora is Holiday Instrumentals Radio.

3. Make holiday wassail.
This is a wonderful warm spiced seasonal drink that is super easy to make! It includes only a couple of simple ingredients that include apple cider and cinnamon sticks... what could be better?! All you do is dump everything in your crock pot and the rest is history. And aside from this drink making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it's sure to make your house smell amazing. Here's a link to my favorite Pinterest recipe on another blog!
There are many ways to make wassail, so if this recipe isn't quite up your alley there are many more on Pinterest!

4. Dress up for Christmas!
Even if you're only going to see your closest family members that day (you know they don't care what you look like), getting up and wearing a nice festive outfit put you into the mindset that Christmas is, dare I say it, a special occasion! Even if fixing your hair and putting on makeup doesn't excite you, you'll feel a sense of accomplishment when you're all finished and you'll feel eager to bust into Grandma's and show everyone your outfit cuz you know it sleighs. (see what I did, you're welcome for that)



Clearly I'm getting delusional lol it is now 3:54 a.m. and making this list has me so excited I can't sleep now. Even if you just try one of these things, you are guaranteed to have warmth and invitation in your home this Christmas. You are essentially creating a certain environment for yourself and your guests.
I hope everyone's holiday is merry and bright and loving and cheerful!!!
This is me spreading my love of this holiday to everyone who has internet.

Try these out, just trust me.

Thank you so much, for giving my blog a quick read even though I ditched it for a hot minute! I still love to blog, promise.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones! ♡

-Kristen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe