Bake Your Eyelids!!!...???

Yes, ladies and gents. It is time to save some time and money by baking your eyelids. Who needs eye primer when you have this technique?! Baking your lids is a full-proof way to get ready quickly and prevent any oil from coming out and causing smudges throughout the day.
People with oily skin will especially appreciate this--I've got ya covered.
This is what I do when I don't really have time to apply a full eye look or if I'm trying to be simple.
Also, a good eye primer is expensive as all get out and I'm a broke college student, ya feel?
Still not trying to have oily eyelids though... it's not cute in my book.
And the best part...

this look takes 5 minutes TOPS.

So, let us get started...

 

The items above are the only things I used. There are two beauty sponges, because I'm weird. I refuse to put powder and concealer on the same beauty sponge even though it's perfectly fine to do and everyone else does it.

I should also mention that I had already applied concealer under my eyes and down the T-zone to highlight my face and I just set that with translucent powder. I do not use foundation in this look because on days like today, I am lazy and/or do not have time for that mess.


(excuse my freshly waxed brows tysm)
This concealer is my life it is the best I eva had.
I started the eyes off by putting a stroke or two of this on them.


And now... WE BLEND.
Do it well or not at all.


Next, just as you would bake your face, take some translucent powder on your sponge and pack it on the lids. Do not dust it off yet, ya gotta let it baaaaake.

 
Here's a dusty wink for you.
Now that you look like you've chosen cocaine as your eyeshadow for the day, let it sit for a couple minutes.

FUN FACT:
I learned from Jaclyn Hill that the terms "baking" or "cooking" are literal terms. Your body heat is trying to escape, but gets trapped in between your skin and the powder that you just packed on your face and the powder literally bakes on your skin.

 

Once ya cooked for a hot minute, dust the excess powder off of your face.


After that, just apply some mascara and you're good to go!
Unless you feel the need to fill in your brows. I don't on quick makeup days because mine are dark already. Not very shapely, but that is ok.
Btw, the mascara I used (since the picture doesn't show) is by Origins. It has a primer on one end and the mascara on the other and it's pretty nice! It's no Too Faced Better Than Sex, but it's a solid 7 out of 10.

Hope this post was helpful!
I don't think I've seen any beauty bloggers bake their eyelids yet, so I thought I'd share this with my readers.

xxoo

kris

P.S. I'm sorry that it is June and this is my first post in 2016... To be frank, I do still love to blog, but it's hard to find time for it these days.

Much love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe