A Father's Day Tribute to the Best of the Best


DAD!!!!!


I'm sorry I had to use this picture of you--it's my favorite lol.

I have to start this off by thanking you for singing me to sleep as a baby. 
I think that's where it all began... my love for music and passion for singing, that is. 


Remember when that woman recognized me from when I sang karaoke when I was little? That would've never happened if you didn't push me to perform back then. I'm glad you were the one by my side when she came up to me that day after the basketball game. You deserve all of the praise for being my number one supporter, then and now. Thank you for encouraging me to perform and always recognizing my potential.

I made a list of some old songs you got me to like when I was younger because I plan to make a mix CD to reminisce a little. Maybe I'll send a copy your way. Hopefully they'll bring back some good memories for you too.I appreciate you "broadening my horizons" as soon as you possibly could. You brought some culture into my life the best way you could--with music. We've always bonded over music. 


I've acquired quite a bit of knowledge about some random, cool, weird, trivial facts... 

I owe it all to you, dad, lol.
Thank you for saving my life when I choked on a quarter that one time when you picked me up from preschool. (I had to throw that one in there.)



Also, thank you for taking me to Huffy's for ice cream after dance. I couldn't have done it without you there to tell the worker behind my back that I really wanted the cotton candy flavor whenever I asked for "Barbie ice cream." Thanks for letting me be right about what the flavor was really called.

And you always let me win! 
Or do you....?I'll go to my grave insisting that I rightfully beat every person on the track at go-cart racing that one time in Tennessee. But I was mostly proud of beating you. So if you really did let me win that time, just don't to tell me, I won't believe you.
Thank you for coaching my soccer team in first grade and not getting too mad when I ran around chasing butterflies and picked flowers during all the games. I am the ideal "coach's daughter" and I am not embarrassing at all...



You're a pretty cool dad, for the record.And sure, you're pretty funny too. 




Apart from that, I literally could not live without you. You're the best teacher of the fundamentals of life and the one who gets everything taken care of. You've always made sure that Abby and I have nothing to worry about and for that, I'll be eternally grateful.

My "don't worry, life goes on" mentality comes straight from you and it is the truest thing I know.I can't thank you enough for making sure I went off to college and that I'm working my hardest to do well. 


One of my goals will always be to make you proud.




You're the one who understands me better than anyone else and you're the one who taught me to be an understanding person. 

I like the person I'm becoming, and you deserve so much credit for that.
You're the one I turn to when things get tough, so thank you for always being there to help me through anything.



You're my hero.




I'm sad that I'm not able to spend Father's Day with you, but the recognition is all the same.




I love you so much, dad.




And, yes, you can count on me passing down your cheesy jokes to my own children someday. Long live your legacy! 
Lol.




Thank you for calling to check up on me every night that I'm not with you ever since the divorce. 


There are many times when that phone call gets me through. 

Plus, that's been a thing for you, me, and Abby for years now, so I hope you don't plan on stopping anytime soon.




I am so lucky; I get to have you as my dad!


I love you always. 



-Your fellow member of the Cloud Watchers Club




Have the best Father's Day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe