Strobing Technique

I'm back so soon!
This technique is VERY on trend right now, so I thought I'd share how I "strobe."

"Strobing" is basically extreme highlighting, which I'm all about in the summertime. Having oily skin, I like to mattify my face and then put the glow in all the right places. For people with dry skin, you're probably going to LOVE this. I feel like it should just be called "The JLo Effect," because you will look and feel like her, I promise.

Someone came up with this technique as an alternative to contouring; no bronzer is used on the face, only highlight (and blush, if you feel like you need it. I personally don't use it with this technique.)

Here is how I strobe:

 
I started off with this tube of liquid gold, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Opal'
(this product is absolutely gorgeous, I'm trying to conserve every last drop)
 
 
I had already applied a liquid foundation to her face (do not use a powder foundation as this technique could end up looking very patchy on the skin). I lightly dabbed that onto the areas of the face where the light would naturally hit; the highest points of the face. I recommend starting off with a small amount and building up to your desired intensity.
 
 
 Next, I used a powder highlighter to dust on the very high points of the face with a small fluffy brush for more precision. This one is by Laura Mercier.
 
 
This is the finished product! I think this technique is perfect for the daytime and it makes the skin look so glowy and fresh and youthful; I love it!
 
If you have really fair skin and are afraid to try to do a dramatic contour, this technique is a great alternative!
 
Good luck to those of you who give "strobing" a shot! Once you see your skin light up like a disco ball, there's no going back (there wasn't for me, at least).
 
Have a lovely rest of your day/night/morning/life
 
Love, Kris


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe