Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)


I've seen a couple of these floating around on the internet, and I've tried recreating them one or two times in the past. I was never really satisfied with the end results until now. And I'll probably continue practicing new looks like this, because it's really fun!

This is a great way to practice bold, more creative looks without committing to wearing it on your own eyes for the whole day. Plus, this adds a new twist to makeup as a creative outlet.

The base I always start with is a thin layer of either foundation, concealer, or primer. (Pretty much any base that the shadows can stick to and will make the colors pop more.)

Then, I begin by drawing the eyeliner and lashes. This helps map out the size and shape of the closed eye. I alternate between three different liquid liners (I know, SO extra) in order to get the precision I want. I use NYX Matte Liquid Liner, Sephora felt-tip liner, and Rimmel Glam-Eyes.


The Jaclyn Hill Palette does not have the names of the shadows on the palette itself–only a little card with the shadow names pictured, so I'll show both for a reference:



Purple Party:


Lid: Royalty, Soda Pop, Obsessed, Enlight, Twerk
Crease: Creamscicle, Pooter, Buns
Brow Bone: Enlight

Brows: e.l.f. Lock On Liner and Brow Cream in 'Espresso'

Jada Jade:


Lid: Jada, Pool Party, Abyss, Queen
Crease: Soda Pop, Central Park, Jacz, Hunts, Pukey, M.F.E.O.
Brow Bone: Beam

Brows: e.l.f. Brow Cream + black and brown eyeshadow with an angled brush (to add dimension)

...and to finish this look, I added Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in 'Midnight Cowboy'


I'm so happy with how these turned out and I found this to be really fun and easy to do! I hope this inspires you to give bold colors a shot, they're not so bad.
More looks to come...

Happy creating!

xo, Kristen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe