An Eye Look that goes with Every Lip Color

Good evening, my beautiful people.
I've had to scroll up and change my intro because I started this post yesterday morning (before we left for Hilton Head) and it is now 5:05 pm the next day. It's been a long two days, needless to say.
 
A lot of times, I'll start on my makeup and finish my eye makeup and look through my lip products to see what I want to wear. I end up coming across a gorgeous lip color, but I can't wear it because my eye makeup would clash and possibly look clownish.
 
SO, for this tutorial I thought I would share an easy eye look that goes with any lip color you can think of! There are a couple of eye looks out there that do this trick, so I'll continue to share those with you in the future.
 
Let's get started...

 
I have my face and brows already finished, so the focus of this tutorial will be on the eyes and lips.
 
 
Foundation: Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte
Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Matte bronzer in Medium/Deep
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in 'Exposed'
Highlighter: Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 'Highlight 01'
Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep

You'll only need a basic eye palette; I used the Naked Basics palette.

 
Start off with a transition shade and buff it all over the lid with a fluffy brush.
 
   
 
Take a lighter color to pack all over your lid (for hooded eyes, your mobile lid).
 
 
To add definition, pack a darker shade onto the outer "V" with a small, dense brush.
 
 
Grab more of the same shade onto a fluffy blending brush and blend the shade into the crease using small, circular motions. Then, take a precision brush (pencil brush) and run the same dark shade along your lower lash line to add definition (like replacing eyeliner).

 
I took the black shade in the palette on a flat definer brush and ran it along my top lash line for definition as well.
 
 
 
I added mascara and then remembered to highlight my brow bone and inner corner.
 
 
And the eye look is complete!
 
 
I've paired this eye look with a range of lip colors so you can see that it really does go with everything!
 
Nudes/Neutrals:
 
 Too Faced 'Nude Beach'
 
 Gerard Cos. '1995'
 
Pinks:
 
 Gerard Cos. 'Butter Cream'
 
 L.A. Girl 'Last Night'
 
 Kat Von D 'Bachelorette'
 
Reds:
 
 NARS Audacious 'Charlotte'
 
 NARS Velvet Matte 'Cruella'
 
Purples:
 
 Sephora Luster Matte 'Lilac Luster'
 
 Sephora Rouge Lipstick 'Crush'
 
Orange/Coral:
 
 Too Faced 'Bon Bon'
 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and good luck to those of you who try it out!
Don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone as far as lip color goes; have fun with it!
 
I'm off to relax on the beach.. Have a lovely evening!
 
Love, Kris
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe