Tatted

Hey babes.

It is 5:03 pm and I finally have wifi.

Check out my tatt. Sadly, it isn't real... maybe someday, but definitely not anytime soon.



I've wanted to try and draw a sleeve on myself for a VERY long time (I'm such a weirdo, I know), and I finally had the time to do it since yesterday was such a dreary summer day--I skipped out on the pool and tattooed myself.

Here is a video showing every piece:

**Disclaimer**
I don't think you can view the video on your phone unless you use the blogger app, so sorry!
Next time, I'll upload to YouTube and post the video from there.
 
Here's a photo of the inner pieces that you can't see in the first picture just in case you aren't able to watch the video!
 

This does take a lot of time and effort. It took me about 4 or so hours working on it off and on.

I used a black Wet 'n Wild pencil eyeliner that I found in my makeup stash. I actually found two and switched back and forth, sharpening them multiple times as needed.

For shading, I used a Cargo single eyeshadow in the shade 'Flint' which is like a charcoal grey color.

I also dragged the liner after it was freshly applied with an angled brush for more precise shading on certain pieces.

You'll notice thicker lines in some places and thinner lines in some places. I left the pencil unsharpened when I wanted to go for a more "cartoony" look (like on the wildflower), and sharpened it when I needed precision (like on the poppies).

PIECES from top to bottom:
Roses, Sugar Skull, Wildflower, Compass, Poppies, Skeleton Key, Roman Numeral 19, Moroccan Crescent Moon, Lotus Flower, Ocean Waves, Blinking Eyelashes, "Nothing happens by chance" written in Italian, Mandala Flower

**Note**
I drew the sugar skull with my elbow propped up, looking in a little mirror, so when I hung my arm straight down by my side, it looks pretty janky and lop-sided WHOOPSIE.
If you try this, make sure you try to draw with your arm down.

If it doesn't work out the first time, remember that it's makeup! It wipes right off like nothing ever happened. Practice makes perfect!

REMOVAL:
Regular makeup wipes or eye makeup remover will not work on these products if they've been on the arm for 2-3+ hours (unless you scrub off a layer or two of skin).
I used the Boscia Makeup Break-Up Cleansing Oil to melt down the makeup so that I could wipe it right off without irritating or harming my skin.

Good luck to those of you who try this out! It was a lot of fun.

Love, Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Brown Halo Eye

Creating Eye Makeup Looks on my Hand (using the Jaclyn Hill Palette)

The Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe